Application of wig steps……
1. If your hair is long, separate the hair into two pieces, and twist. Cross the two pieces behind your head, and clip them across the top. This is an easy way to even your hair out on your head without a huge ponytail bulge. . THE BEST OPTION 4 buns in the 4 quadrants of your head. Shorter hair can firmly gelled/ combed and clipped to the crown of the head, or placed into a few buns at the base of your neck. Or 4 buns in the 4 quadrants of your head. If hair is too short use double stick tape or liquid skin adhesive on the perimeter to secure to your head (contact us if you need some we can suggest)
2. Many people find it helpful to braid FLAT buns their own hair before applying a wig.
3. Use a wig cap on any type of hair length to hold it all in and ensure a smooth fit. Even if you are bald, use a wig cap. . I recommend hair spraying your whole head once done BEFORE you add the nylon wig cap. Then apply the wig cap and pin hair under the cap smoothing as you go at the edges . We sell them or can tell you how to make them.
4. Put the wig on your head from front to back. There are two tabs on each front/side of the wig. Position this right in front of your ears. Don't worry if it doesn't look perfect right away, go ahead and style it into place the way you'd like it to look. Use hair pins at the sides, front and nape in several places to pin to your hair underneath to ensure you do not loose the wig! We also recommend toupee clips 4-8 sewn in the edge of the wig we sell them loose or installed or can tell you where to get them!
5. If you'd like extra coverage, and depending on the look you are going for, you can use accessories, such as a jeweled tiara or flowers.
· If you are putting a wig on for the first time, allow enough time to adjust the wig before you need to leave for your event/party. At least 1 hour!(just to be safe) Wig caps are a great help and many places sell them. I always have a few on hand! Always wear a wig cap, no matter what. You can also make one out of regular women's nylons.
· If you're wearing a lot of makeup with the wig, put on the makeup before the wig. Otherwise, it might get on the wig, or the wig could get in the way of putting the makeup on.
· Don't bend over and put your wig on upside down. You risk damaging any styling already done to it. ONLY use good quality aerosol hair spray like BIG sexy hair on the wig it dries faster and no clumps.
· You can add glitter to wigs by putting glitter in a salt shaker with large enough holes to accommodate the flakes and hair spray the wig then quickly shake on the sparkle!
· To rehabilitate a curl comb gently around a finger winding the curl around your finger like a curler. You can also twist the curl back into shape and pin or spray if necessary.
· To use our restyling service please contact us Thehistoricalhairdresser@gmail.com
· Be sure to limit the styling and heat products you are using on your wig. Remember, you want it to last for a long time, so minimal use is best. In particular, be careful if it is synthetic hair. HEAT and synthetic hair is DISASTER…
Discount bonus program
If you provide me with a photo or collection of photos of you in costume wearing a design (wig or costume) from my site or custom work.
Photos must be via e-mail
that I can use on my site or in other media.
YOU get a 5$ discount of your next purchase on my website. www.thehistoricalhairdresser.com
A 2nd bonus…..
If you refer a new buyer to my site and that person purchases something from me via my website
www.thehistoricalhairdresser.com AND THEY mention YOU SENT THEM, AT time of their purchase
(Your first/last name and
Any alias I may know and or YOUR e-mail)
YOU GET 5$ discount on future purchases of items on my website (does not include shipping charges)!
I will keep all info on record.
DISCOUNTS CAN BE COMBINED and they
Expire 1 year after earning
Only apply on our website not e-bay
ASK about theater and large order discounts